Pre arrival and departure info.
Who can visit Belize.
What are the requirements for entering Belize?
- Effective March 1, 2022, fully vaccinated travelers no longer require a negative test but must show proof of vaccination for entry into Belize’s airport, land borders or sea ports.
- If unable to show proof or if unvaccinated, the traveller must present proof of a negative PCR result taken within 72 hours of arrival or a negative Antigen Rapid test taken within 48 hours of arrival. A test can be administered by the Ministry responsible for health at the airport.
- Every child under the age of 12 years shall not be subjected to testing for SARSCoV2 upon entry into Belize through airport, land or sea port.
Are the results of Covid-19home testing kits accepted in Belize?
To date no approval has been granted by the Ministry of Health for the importation of Antigen Home Tests by any manufacturer. Therefore, results from these tests are not accepted for entry to Belize. To import a test kit, the traveler must apply to the Ministry of Health. If travelers are found with home test kits during clearance at the entry point, and are unable to provide a permit from the Belize Ministry of Health, the kits will be confiscated.
If I am unable to take a Covid-19test prior to travelling to Belize, will I be required to test opon arrival? If so, what is the cost of the test?
- Yes, if unvaccinated or unable to show proof of vaccination, the traveller will be administered a test by the Ministry responsible for health at a cost of US$50.00 per person.
- Note: Only cash is accepted at this time; credit card machines and ATMs are not available in the Health Testing Unit.
- Note: To date no approval has been granted by the Ministry of Health for the importation of Antigen Home Tests by any manufacturer.
If I test coviod19 positive at the airport, will I be able to take a flight back out of Belize without having to be placed in quarantine?
- No. All arriving passengers who test positive at the international airport will be placed in mandatory quarantine at the passengers’ expense. The Belize’s Travel Health Insurance is mandatory for entry into Belize and provides coverage support for expenses related to isolation due to COVID-19 diagnosis while in Belize.
- It is highly recommended that you purchase this travel insurance prior to your trip to Belize You can purchase insurance here https://www.belizetravelinsurance.com/
Will children (under 12 years of age) be required to present a negative Covid-19test of be tested upon arrival?
Every child under the age of 12 years shall not be subjected to testing for SARSCoV2 upon entry into Belize through airport, land or sea port.
How do I get from the Philip Goldson International Airport to my hotel? Are there certified transport providers?
Your hotel may offer airport pick-up services depending on their location. We recommend that you liaise with your hotel or tour operator to learn more about how you will arrive at your hotel.
Upon arrival in Belize what will the immigration and customs process entail?
Enhanced health and safety measures have been adapted to protect both officers and arriving passengers. Some of these measures include protective barriers to reduce contact between the officers and the passengers, kiosks for scanning of passports upon entry, luggage scanners in the Customs Hall, and safety barriers where inspection of luggage is required.
How long should I anticipate getting through arrivals?
Processing time varies depending on whether you require a Covid-19test, or the mandatory Travel Health Insurance.
Is a digital copy of my Negative Covid-19test results acceptable?
- An official email or other correspondence from the facility where your COVID test was taken with your name clearly indicating your result will suffice as proof of your negative test.
- We highly recommend that you take a screenshot of the test results to facilitate processing with Health Officials.
If several people on the same flight test positive for Covid-19what will happen to the other passengers on that flight?
Should several passengers test positive from the same flight, the Ministry of Health and Wellness will activate its contact tracing exercise.
Does Belize offer Covid-19testing for travelers departing the country?
Yes, the Ministry of Health and Wellness is now offering COVID testing for passengers travelling to the US, Canada, and other destinations that require proof of a negative COVID test for entry. For information on testing sites and cost, please contact email@example.com or feel free to contact your hotel’s front desk for testing options near you.
Who can I contact if I need more information on Covid-19or any other travel related questions while in Belize?
We have a Free Concierge Desk that is ready to assist with your queries. Feel free to reach our Free Concierge at: